“Anyone can listen. All you have to do is stop talking. But to be a good listener, you have to stop talking and be interested. Genuine curiosity is the precursor to understanding, and a good listener helps the other person feel understood.” -James Clear
If anyone is brave and vulnerable enough to share their big vision or dream with you, please reward them by doing the following:
(1) Listen intently. Lean in. Really listen.
(2) Take a genuine interest. Be super curious. When they’re done sharing, ask great questions.
(3) Offer tons of encouragement.
(4) If appropriate, nudge them with a deadline to take action. (And make a plan to follow up with them to see how they’re doing.)
(5) Repeat steps 1-4 as often as they need.